9 Hours of CEF Credit for Hypnotherapists, Social Workers, LPC, LMFT, Registered Nurses and Addiction Counselors. This course teaches the modern approach to psychotherapy and couseling. Every hypnotist should learn these methods of care.
Contextual-Behavioral Psychology is the modern approach to psychology, based on integrating cognitive-behavioral approaches to change into solution-focused methods of treatment. The research is fascinating (and current) and shows clients who are taught specific techniques for change are often able to make significant improvement.
The best news: This course is not taught by an academic who never sees clients. This course is taught by Dr. Richard Nongard, LMFT a successful therapist who has worked in both inpatient and outpatient treatment settings. He knows how to take the psychological research and translate it into methods that real clinicians can easily utilize in the office by any hypnotherapist.
Are you ready to learn exciting methods and approaches to psychology? Are you ready to walk into your next session fully aware of what the starting point should be and how to coach your client in a way that really produces results?
- Trauma Therapies
- Relational Frame Theory
- ACT Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Metaphor in therapy and change work
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Positive Psychology
- Multi-Component Cognitive Therapies
- Experiential Therapy
This course is ideal for therapists who:
- Do couples counseling with “stuck” couples
- Addiction treatment with clients who keep relapsing
- Teen counseling with kids in real danger through cutting and self-mutilating
- Treat Aging clients who fear death
- Counsel clients who never seem to find meaning in life
- Hypnotists looking to apply evidenced-based psychology to the session.
The heart of this course will be:
- Learning methods based in current research
- Finding applications to real life clients
- Helping families and individuals make lasting change
- Rekindling your excitement for the social work and counseling professions
This course is in our online learning center and consists of the following modules:
- 12 audio .mp3 training sessions (each 30-60 minutes)
- 12 .pdf Notes and resource material
- One online Professional Ethics course
- Access to our social media forum just for licensed mental health professionals
- A total of 12 hours of approved continuing education credit
These are just some of the things you will learn:
- How to rethink the assessment process
- How to take pervasive personality characteristics and use them as a core for problem solving
- How to apply strategies with established efficacy to real-life clients
- You will learn how to make Mindfulness based therapies meaningful to clients
- You will learn how to teach clients what they need to know to make change
- You will know 7 strategies that can reverse self-defeating patterns of behavior
- You will know how to do solution oriented therapies and create transformation even among the most difficult populations.
- You will learn how to get away from Freudian ideas of reliving the past and trying to fix what has already happened
- You will learn how to “unstick” your stuck clients
If you have felt continuing education was just about meet a state board requirement, this course will transform your perspective. Are you ready to begin?
This course is entirely self-paced and online. All materials can be downloaded and printed and/or downloaded for mobile listening on a device such as a smart phone, .mp3 player, laptop or tablet.
All materials are provided online – no CD’s are provided and you will not be charged shipping fees. This is a CE approved course for Social Work, Clinical Hypnosis, LMFT, LPC, LMHC and Addiction Counselors.
This course when completed with the optional certification module, provides 30 hours of CE credit and certification as a Certified Contextual-Behavioral Counseling Specialist.
To purchase this course with the certification module (30 Hours) visit this webpage: