COMBINED INDEPENDENT HOMESTUDY CERTIFICATION & CEU PROGRAM
64 Hours of NAADAC/NBCC Approved Continuing Education Credits
ICBCH Basic + Advanced Certification Designation
This package contains BOTH the 24-hour Basic and the 40-hour Advanced Clinical Hypnosis Certification Programs.
You save by ordering them together! This is a HUGE resource package
Materials for both programs will be provided online, with instant access worldwide.
You will complete the 24-hour program and earn Basic certification, and then complete the 40-hour program for the Advanced certification designation.
NOTE: FLORIDA state licensed professionals must complete 50-hours of Board approved CE training in clinical hypnosis in order to practice 'hypnotherapy' and and completing the 64-hours of these two programs (24 hours + 40 hours) you will exceed this requirement.
Click Here for more information on the ICBCH - International Certification Board for Clinical Hypnotherapy.
BASIC ICBCH Clinical Hypnosis Certification
The Basic ICBCH Clinical Hypnosis Certification course of study will teach you how hypnotize others safely and effectively with confidence, and to assist clients with various difficulties by utilizing methods of clinical hypnosis.
- The course content is intended to educate those who have very little or even no prior experience in creating effective hypnotic inductions or writing prescriptive hypnotic scripts that are designed to help clients with altering unhealthy patterns of behavior and thinking, leading to personal satisfaction.
- Those with prior experience in clinical hypnosis will also benefit by refining skills and techniques and learning the suggestive therapy approach of Advanced Parallel Programming offered in this program.
- This comprehensive hypnotist training program is designed to provide you with fundamental required skills, and help you succeed at implementing hypnotherapy into clinical practice with real clients, with confidence!
The Basic Certification course content is comprised of the following media formats and core educational components:
Over ten hours of ONLINE Streaming Videos
- The History of Hypnosis
- Theoretical Approaches to Hypnosis
- Understanding Trancework
- How to Hypnotize Anyone
- Induction Styles and Techniques
- Hypnosis as a Therapeutic Tool
- Why and How Hypnosis Works
- Deepening Techniques
- How to Write a Good Script
- The Hypnotic Process
- Assessment of Client Strengths
- Directive and Nondirective Approaches
- Ericksonian Hypnotherapy
- Stage Hypnosis vs. Hypnotherapy
- Answers to Common Questions
- Contraindications of Hypnotherapy
- Weeding Out Pseudoscience:
- What Hypnosis Can and Cannot Do
- Treatment of Emotional Dysfunction
- Habit Control and Hypnosis
- Sexual Dysfunction and Hypnosis
- Stress Management and Hypnosis
- Pain Management and Hypnosis
- Medical Hypnotherapy
- Addressing Abreaction
- This video, updated for 2012+, contains the ICBCH Code of Ethics and a model for resolving ethical dilemmas. The most valuable portion is perhaps guidance concerning individual state regulations on hypnosis and hypnotherapy practice, models for informed consent, and an explanation not only of the proper use of hypnosis and hypnotherapist titles, but suggestions that can help you succeed in practice by making sure you represent yourself accurately and professionally to prospective clients. Richard also touches on the regulations of hypnosis around the world, for professionals outside of the USA. Graduates of this ICBCH homestudy program will have the resources necessary to build a successful private practice and operate within the law and ethical guidelines suggested by the ICBCH.
- .mp3 1 - Audio: Sample Audio Session
- Data file: Client Strengths and Resources
Keys to the Mind
How to do Hypnosis and Practice Hypnotherapy Correctly
by Dr. Richard K. Nongard, LMFT/CCH
The 7 training video are packed with easy-to-follow instruction, numerous real-life examples and demonstrations, and practical assigments for learning to perfect your techniques.
The textbook offers actual transcripts from live hypnosis sessions, so you have the induction script to study, and then discusses the development of the suggestions, why specific language was used, and more.
The Sample Audio session offers a complete hypnosis or self-hypnosis session, which you can study to better understand the suggestive therapy hypnotic process, to improve your success with clients.
The Data file provides a simple, effective Assessment Tool for use with your clients. The NSRI, or Nongard Strengths and Resources Inventory, helps you to assess your client's strengths, weaknesses, social supports, personality attributes and more, which can be helpful for targeting prescriptive therapeutic suggestions and monitoring progress.
ADVANCED ICBCH Clinical Hypnosis Certification
The all new ICBCH Advanced Hypnotherapy Certification Class
A Comprehensive 40-hour Training Program
For the Professional Hypnotist
The ICBCH Advanced Certification course is for any hypnosis professional seeking to master specific skills and strategies for addressing client needs. The focus of this course is skill development, creating a philosophy of changework grounded in research, and structuring sessions that both help clients create success and help professionals build solid, profitable practices in professional hypnosis.
When you order today, you will download an instructional .pdf directing you to you starting point. You can begin your studies immediately, worldwide from any computer.
This course is designed for worldwide learning with easy to access course materials and professional textbooks. We are excited that technology allow you to now access of our course material, worldwide, immediately with no shipping charges or waiting.
This program focuses on the methods of Contextual Hypnotherapy, and is grounded in outcome-based research. The methods are contemporary, and move away from Freudian based approaches like regression or outdated approaches that are authoritarian. You will see demonstrations, get specific hypnosis scripts and access to our forums for real-time question and answers from thousands of other professional hypnotists – and from your instructor for this course: Richard K. Nongard, LMFT
Core Components of Effective Clinical Hypnosis
Just like Netflix or YouTube, you can now access all of our video components in an easy to access streaming format available worldwide wherever you have a reliable internet connection. You can view on any PC, Tablet or even a smartphone such as the iPhone or Android. Simple to access, with nothing to download. If you can watch other videos on YouTube or similar websites, you have have the ability to participate fully in this course.
Over 24 Hours of Instructional Video:
1.) A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Effective Smoking Cessation Hypnosis Sessions – This 6 hour training program teaches the methods that work for the most sought after service hypnotists provide. You will know how to structure programs clients will pay for upfront, and produce result that last by using these protocols developed by Richard Nongard
2.) Fundamental strategies in Bariatric (Weight Control) Counseling - This 2 hour program focuses on applying the methods of effective hypnosis with weight release clients. You will gain a fundamental understanding of the research on effective weight loss and teach you, not only tools for weight loss, but also restoring clients to health and even reversing dietary disease by changing preferences, habits and client choices.
3.) How to Write Scripts and Structure Hypnotic Suggestions – This 90 minute program will teach you a strategy for both direct and indirect suggestion, the power of compounding and how to deliver suggestions with confidence.
4.) Structure of a Hypnotherapy Session - In 90 minutes you will learn how to actually conduct a session, from start to finish, in a way that is both comfortable for you and effective for your client. Even with the best techniques, a structural foundation must be present, and this course will teach that to you.
5.) 7 Strategies for Effective Hypnotic Induction - This three hour presentation will equip you with skills that go beyond a simple strategy or one-size-fits-all approach most basic hypnosis sessions cover. You will know how to deal with client resistance, unique needs, and even how to do specific inductions for children.
6.) Ten Scripts for Contextual Hypnotherapy – In 90 minutes you will learn practical applications of contextual psychology to clinical hypnosis, and you will get printed scripts for each segment.
7.) The Emotional Freedom Technique (with David Parke) - EFT is a popular tool for change, that at its core uses trance, affirmation and energy psychology to produce change. In this training David Parke will teach you the core strategy of EFT and you will be able to use this strategy with clients immediately.
8.) Groupnosis: How to do Hypnosis with Groups of 2-200 people - Almost three hours of demonstrations and training, will teach you how to work with couples, small groups and even large groups. For the hypnotist seeking opportunities in corporate smoking cessation or providing other group services, these skills are essential.
9.) Effective Therapy: ACT Therapy and Solution Focused Brief Therapy - Three hours of training in outcome based protocols like ACT Therapy and Solutions Focused Brief Therapy will ensure you have a core philosophy that moves away from outdated methods like regression and into the future of clinical hypnosis and the integration of outcome-based treatment methods.
10.) Mindfulness Meditation as a strategy for change and healing - This core concept of change must be effectively integrated into hypnosis to move your practice towards success. In this one hour presentation, you will grasp the skills of mindfulness meditation and understand the science behind it effectiveness in neuro-psychology, clinical hypnosis and change.
This ICBCH Advanced Hypnosis Training program, includes all materials to complete our comprehensive Medical Hypnotherapy training program. This component of our program includes a 120 page .pdf workbook and training manual, numerous professional hypnosis scripts addressing specific medical conditions and even a valuable component to market your services. This format provides you with professional resources you can download and view on any computer, with or without an internet connection, on any tablet, kindle or iPad. You can also choose, as many students have, to print all materials and place them in a 3-ring binder to become a true resource for your work with clients.
Specific components of this course include:
Pain control, cancer recovery,
health and healing,
disorders of the immune system,
and many other medical conditions that have proven responsive to hypnotherapy. This is a comprehensive program with over 30 additional pages of specific hypnosis scripts. All materials for this training are included in your course fees.
Richard Bandler's Guide to Trance-formation: How to Harness the Power of Hypnosis to Ignite Effortless and Lasting Change (ISBN-10: 0757307779 or ISBN-13: 978-0757307775, Kindle and iTunes ISBN will be different)
You will purchase this textbook on your own, as a hard copy, Kindle or iTunes version.
Refund Policy: This course provides instant access to all materials. There are no refunds for any reason. Many are familiar with the methods and instructional style of the ICBCH and Richard Nongard. To help you make an informed decision, you may ask other students and get references from othes by simply posting to our very active internet forums. You can find us on facebook at www.ICBCHGroup.com and also our forum on Hypnothoughts. This forum can be found at www.ICBCHForum.com Feel free to post any questions or ask for references, we are sure you will be quite pleased with the response. We have posted to additional videos here, to give you a core sense of the style, values and methods of your instructor Richard Nongard.
DVD's are NOT Provided for this course. You may purchase a complete set of DVD's for an additional charge of $169.00. There really is no reason to do this, the materials are easily accessed online in a high quality audio and video format. If you can view the videos below, you will have NO problems with access to the content of this course.
Approved Quality Content - Study with Confidence!
NOTE: All coursework in these ICBCH Approved Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy Certification programs has been approved for professional continuing education CEU credit by most state and national mental health counseling, social work, chemical dependency, marriage and family and registered nursing Boards, such as NAADAC (National Association for Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors), NBCC (National Board for Certified Counselors), and the California Board of Registered Nurses, through PeachTree Professional Education, Inc, a leader in professional continuing education since 1994.
IF you are a state licensed mental or behavioral healthcare or nursing professional, you may qualify for approved CEU credits, at no additional charge. Click for a complete listing of approved CEU credit states and disciplines.
If you are not a state licensed professional, what the above information means is simply that the instructor of these courses is a state licensed master's level psychotherapist with advanced education and training in mental health and behavioral sciences, and the course content has been subjected to rigorous educational standards by respected national counseling regulatory organizations, and found to meet or exceed their requirements for continuing education credit approval for other licensed professionals.
Dr. Richard K. Nongard is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist and a Certified Personal Fitness Trainer. Richard has trained in psychotherapy and hypnotherapy in Canada, Germany and the US, and has instructed other mental and behavioral health care professionals around the world on how to better help their clients, for over 20 years. He is a frequent speaker on Professional Ethics at the European Branch of the American Counseling Association (EB-ACA), and has taught hypnotherapy skills at the ACA (American Counseling Association)'s annual convention in Hawaii. You will enjoy Richard's light-hearted, dynamic educational style, which helps facilitate functional understanding and practical application of concepts and skills learning.
The Certification Process
- Once you order a homestudy certification program, you will be sent all course study materials, via US Post Office shipping.
- These homestudy hypnosis certification programs are self-paced. Most people can easily finish the requirements in under a week, but if obligations keep you away from your studies, you can feel free to take all the time you need to complete the program.
- In addition to the course materials, you will also receive the Evaluation of Learning form. This is the exam that you must pass in order to earn your certification (and CEUs, if applicable).
- The 24-hour program exam is entirely True/False, but it is quite comprehensive and covers every aspect of the learning materials.
- The 40-hour program exam is comprised of both True/False questions and brief essay questions, designed to help you demonstrate what you have learned.
- You must score at least 80% in order to pass and receive Certification. Most people who study the material carefully have no trouble passing the first time. Should you not pass, we will notify you, and you will have another chance to take the exam, without cost.
- You will also receive the Application for Certification that you must complete and return to us. This form discusses your education and training experience and helps determine your Certification credentialing level.
- All course materials are yours to keep for your professional library.
- Once you return and we receive your completed documentation, grade your Evaluation of Learning exam and review your Application for Certification, we will award your Certification credentials and send you a Certificate of Achievement (suitable for framing) as well as your ICBCH Membership Certificate (also suitable for framing.) If you qualify for CEU credits, we will also send those Certificates.
- If you ever have any questions about the coursework, feel free to contact our office via email or by phone at (918) 236-6116.
ICBCH Hypnosis Training FAQ
Click Here to read student comments from Richard Nongard's ICBCH Approved live and homestudy clinical hypnosis certification programs.
Can a person really learn to use clinical hypnosis in one weekend, or with a homestudy certification course?
YES! If you are already skilled in therapy and counseling or other helping and healing professions, you don't need a comprehensive class to teach you the foundations of the therapeutic relationship, empathy, or interviewing skills, as these are skills you already possess. In fact, you also already possess the skills needed to induce hypnosis - because hypnosis is a natural phenomena, not a mystical state of altered consciousness.
Therefore, it is entirely possible to complete a live 2 or 3-day course or the 20-hour homestudy program on the technical aspects of hypnosis, and then begin using hypnosis with your clients.
Hypnosis, like any other modality of method of helping people, is an ongoing educational process. This program is a starting point, one that will prepare you to embark on a new journey in healing, and a journey that will without a doubt include many experiential and educational opportunities in the future.
Even though this class is a starting point, you will achieve the ability to actually hypnotize people and implement hypnosis into helping clients live life to the fullest potential possible.
These intensive, accelerated classes are based on the principles of effective learning and provide a great deal of knowledge in a short period of time.
Is your ICBCH approved multi-media homestudy course as good as a live training seminar?
YES! Our homestudy course presumes that you already have an understanding of the therapeutic process, and it teaches the techniques of hypnotherapy didactically and through demonstration. One benefit of a homestudy hypnosis school course is that you get to keep the multi-media materials for your personal library to review over and over, at your own pace. Of course, live trainings are unique and provide a forum for hands-on practice with fellow students, but both methods of learning are beneficial. One therapist we know in Texas completed our homestudy course, and within a only few months reported that she was now doing 75% hypnotherapy and building an all-cash practice with very positive feedback from her clients. We provide the practical knowledge and skills training to actually do hypnosis, not just a theoretical framework.
Does one need a special license or certification to do hypnosis?
In most states the answer is no. If you are a state or nationally licensed or certified mental health professional, you are already licensed to use modalities of treatment for health and wellness, and hypnosis is a traditional method of helping, accepted by the ACA and the APA.
Florida is the only state we know of that requires licensed/certified professionals to complete a minimum of 50-hours of Board approved coursework to practice hypnotherapy, and Indiana is the only state we know of that licenses hypnotists.
It is true that in most states individuals without licensure can practice hypnosis, however our courses are primarily designed for those with a counseling, social work, medical or other professional helping industry background.
Do you certify those who are not mental health professionals?
Yes. Many unlicensed professionals use hypnosis for non-medical purposes and some hold unique expertise in their field that makes them more qualified to use hypnosis for certain applications than a therapist.
One example comes from the fitness field: Personal fitness trainers and coaches know their clients and utilize strategies to assist them with personal health-related goals or in competitive situations. They are not doing therapy, but they are helping people, and they should have access to clinically solid training. More examples: Golf pros use the skills of hypnosis to assist players in developing focus and concentration. Massage therapists use hypnosis to help their clients achieve greater relaxation and physical healing. Teachers and educational consultants may use hypnosis to help their clients relax and prepare for exams and improve memory recall during important testing situations.
Furthermore, we recognize that when people who are interested in hypnosis are not allowed access to quality programs, they will find programs that are less than quality to teach them what they want to know.
What is the ICBCH?
The International Certification Board of Clinical Hypnotherapy is a professional association that recognizes and hypnosis certification programs. It was created to set standards of excellence, and to promote clinical hypnotherapy and related fields of social science. Its broadest goals are to insure quality training opportunities and help enhance the standing of clinical hypnotherapy. Its narrower focus is to assist individuals and organizations in being recognized for achieving a level of quality within the field of hypnotherapy. The ICBCH certified professional is governed by a professional Code of Ethics.
Browse by Category
- Saturday, May 10, 2014
- Research Studies on the Effectiveness of Hypnosis
- Thursday, September 12, 2013
- Conversational Hypnosis and Neuroplasticity Training in Working with Chronic Pain and Somatoform Disorders
- Monday, August 26, 2013
- Five Things Students Can Do To Improve Time Management
- Tuesday, April 27, 2010
- What is Subliminal Science?
- Monday, March 29, 2010
- NLP Swish Pattern Exercise Demonstration for Hypnosis and Life Coaching
- Monday, March 29, 2010
- Understanding NLP Primary Representational Systems for Hypnosis and Life Coaching
- Friday, February 19, 2010
- Hypnotherapist Richard Nongard Hypnotizes a Half-Million People Over the Internet
- Friday, February 5, 2010
- How and Why to Use Hypnotic Phenomena in Stage, Street, or Clinical Hypnosis Settings