The Basic ICBCH Clinical Hypnosis Certification course of study will teach you how hypnotize others safely and effectively with confidence, and to assist clients with various difficulties by utilizing methods of clinical hypnosis.
- The course content is intended to educate those who have very little or even no prior experience in creating effective hypnotic inductions or writing prescriptive hypnotic scripts that are designed to help clients with altering unhealthy patterns of behavior and thinking, leading to personal satisfaction.
- Those with prior experience in clinical hypnosis will also benefit by refining skills and techniques and learning the suggestive therapy approach of Advanced Parallel Programming offered in this program.
- This comprehensive hypnotist training program is designed to provide you with fundamental required skills, and help you succeed at implementing hypnotherapy into clinical practice with real clients, with confidence!
The Basic Certification course content is comprised of the following media formats and core educational components:
5 DVD Videos
- DVD 1:
The History of Hypnosis
Theoretical Approaches to Hypnosis
How to Hypnotize Anyone
Induction Styles and Techniques
- DVD 2:
Hypnosis as a Therapeutic Tool
Why and How Hypnosis Works
How to Write a Good Script
The Hypnotic Process
- DVD 3:
Assessment of Client Strengths
Directive and Nondirective Approaches
Stage Hypnosis vs. Hypnotherapy
Answers to Common Questions
Contraindications of Hypnotherapy
Weeding Out Pseudoscience:
What Hypnosis Can and Cannot Do
- DVD 4:
Treatment of Emotional Dysfunction
Habit Control and Hypnosis
Sexual Dysfunction and Hypnosis
Stress Management and Hypnosis
Pain Management and Hypnosis
- DVD 5:
This DVD, updated for 2010+, contains the ICBCH Code of Ethics and a model for resolving ethical dilemmas. The most valuable portion is perhaps guidance concerning individual state regulations on hypnosis and hypnotherapy practice, models for informed consent, and an explanation not only of the proper use of hypnosis and hypnotherapist titles, but suggestions that can help you succeed in practice by making sure you represent yourself accurately and professionally to prospective clients. Richard also touches on the regulations of hypnosis around the world, for professionals outside of the USA. Graduates of this ICBCH homestudy program will have the resources necessary to build a successful private practice and operate within the law and ethical guidelines suggested by the ICBCH.
- CD 1 - Audio:
Sample Audio Session
- CD 2 - Data:
Client Strengths and Resources
1.) Professional Practice Forms
2.) Client Assessment Forms
3.) Sample Scripts
- Inductions and Deepeners, Styles and Approaches for Effective Hypnosis
by Richard K. Nongard, LMFT/CCH
The 4 training DVDs are packed with easy-to-follow instruction, numerous real-life examples and demonstrations, and practical assigments for learning to perfect your techniques.
The Course Notes provide a comprehensive overview of the hypnotic process - how and why it works, terms, definitions, explanations and more.
The Book, "Inductions and Deepeners" offers actual transcripts from live hypnosis sessions, so you have the induction script to study, and then discusses the development of the suggestions, why specific language was used, and more.
The Sample Audio CD offers a complete hypnosis or self-hypnosis session, which you can study to better understand the suggestive therapy hypnotic process, to improve your success with clients.
The Data CD provides a simple, effective Assessment Tool for use with your clients. The NSRI, or Nongard Strengths and Resources Inventory, helps you to assess your client's strengths, weaknesses, social supports, personality attributes and more, which can be helpful for targeting prescriptive therapeutic suggestions and monitoring progress.
Approved Quality Content - Study with Confidence!
NOTE: All coursework in these ICBCH Approved Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy Certification programs has been approved for professional continuing education CEU credit by most state and national mental health counseling, social work, chemical dependency, marriage and family and registered nursing Boards, such as NAADAC (National Association for Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors), NBCC (National Board for Certified Counselors), and the California Board of Registered Nurses, through PeachTree Professional Education, Inc, a leader in professional continuing education since 1994.
IF you are a state licensed mental or behavioral healthcare or nursing professional, you may qualify for approved CEU credits, at no additional charge. Click for a complete listing of approved CEU credit states and disciplines.
> If you are not a state licensed professional, what the above information means is simply that the instructor of these courses is a state licensed master's level psychotherapist with advanced education and training in mental health and behavioral sciences, and the course content has been subjected to rigorous educational standards by respected national counseling regulatory organizations, and found to meet or exceed their requirements for continuing education credit approval for other licensed professionals.
Your Instructor: Richard K. Nongard is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist and a Certified Personal Fitness Trainer. Richard has trained in psychotherapy and hypnotherapy in Canada, Germany and the US, and has instructed other mental and behavioral health care professionals around the world on how to better help their clients, for over 20 years. He is a frequent speaker on Professional Ethics at the European Branch of the American Counseling Association (EB-ACA), and has taught hypnotherapy skills at the ACA (American Counseling Association)'s annual convention in Hawaii. You will enjoy Richard's light-hearted, dynamic educational style, which helps facilitate functional understanding and practical application of concepts and skills learning.
The Certification Process
- Once you order a homestudy certification program, you will be sent all course study materials, via US Post Office shipping.
- These homestudy hypnosis certification programs are self-paced. Most people can easily finish the requirements in under a week, but if obligations keep you away from your studies, you can feel free to take all the time you need to complete the program.
- In addition to the course materials, you will also receive the Evaluation of Learning form. This is the exam that you must pass in order to earn your certification (and CEUs, if applicable).
> The 20-hour program exam is entirely True/False, but it is quite comprehensive and covers every aspect of the learning materials.
> The 30-hour program exam is comprised of both True/False questions and brief essay questions, designed to help you demonstrate what you have learned.
> You must score at least 80% in order to pass and receive Certification. Most people who study the material carefully have no trouble passing the first time. Should you not pass, we will notify you, and you will have another chance to take the exam, without cost.
- You will also receive the Application for Certification that you must complete and return to us. This form discusses your education and training experience and helps determine your Certification credentialing level.
- All course materials are yours to keep for your professional library.
- Once you return and we receive your completed documentation, grade your Evaluation of Learning exam and review your Application for Certification, we will award your Certification credentials and send you a Certificate of Achievement (suitable for framing) as well as your ICBCH Membership Certificate (also suitable for framing.) If you qualify for CEU credits, we will also send those Certificates.
- If you ever have any questions about the coursework, feel free to contact our office via email or by phone at (800) 684-9766.
ICBCH Hypnosis Training FAQ
Click Here to read student comments from Richard Nongard's ICBCH Approved live and homestudy clinical hypnosis certification programs.
YES! If you are already skilled in therapy and counseling or other helping and healing professions, you don't need a comprehensive class to teach you the foundations of the therapeutic relationship, empathy, or interviewing skills, as these are skills you already possess.
In fact, you also already possess the skills needed to induce hypnosis - because hypnosis is a natural phenomena, not a mystical state of altered consciousness.
Therefore, it is entirely possible to complete a live 2 or 3-day course or the 20-hour homestudy program on the technical aspects of hypnosis, and then begin using hypnosis with your clients.
Hypnosis, like any other modality of method of helping people, is an ongoing educational process. This program is a starting point, one that will prepare you to embark on a new journey in healing, and a journey that will without a doubt include many experiential and educational opportunities in the future.
Even though this class is a starting point, you will achieve the ability to actually hypnotize people and implement hypnosis into helping clients live life to the fullest potential possible.
These intensive, accelerated classes are based on the principles of effective learning and provide a great deal of knowledge in a short period of time.
Is your ICBCH approved multi-media homestudy course as good as a live training seminar?
- YES! Our homestudy course presumes that you already have an understanding of the therapeutic process, and it teaches the techniques of hypnotherapy didactically and through demonstration. One benefit of a homestudy hypnosis school course is that you get to keep the multi-media materials for your personal library to review over and over, at your own pace. Of course, live trainings are unique and provide a forum for hands-on practice with fellow students, but both methods of learning are beneficial. One therapist we know in Texas completed our homestudy course, and within a only few months reported that she was now doing 75% hypnotherapy and building an all-cash practice with very positive feedback from her clients. We provide the practical knowledge and skills training to actually do hypnosis, not just a theoretical framework.
In most states the answer is no. If you are a state or nationally licensed or certified mental health professional, you are already licensed to use modalities of treatment for health and wellness, and hypnosis is a traditional method of helping, accepted by the ACA and the APA.
Florida is the only state we know of that requires licensed/certified professionals to complete a minimum of 50-hours of Board approved coursework to practice hypnotherapy, and Indiana is the only state we know of that licenses hypnotists.
It is true that in most states individuals without licensure can practice hypnosis, however our courses are primarily designed for those with a counseling, social work, medical or other professional helping industry background.
Do you certify those who are not mental health professionals?
- Yes. Many unlicensed professionals use hypnosis for non-medical purposes and some hold unique expertise in their field that makes them more qualified to use hypnosis for certain applications than a therapist.
- One example comes from the fitness field: Personal fitness trainers and coaches know their clients and utilize strategies to assist them with personal health-related goals or in competitive situations. They are not doing therapy, but they are helping people, and they should have access to clinically solid training. More examples: Golf pros use the skills of hypnosis to assist players in developing focus and concentration. Massage therapists use hypnosis to help their clients achieve greater relaxation and physical healing. Teachers and educational consultants may use hypnosis to help their clients relax and prepare for exams and improve memory recall during important testing situations.
- Furthermore, we recognize that when people who are interested in hypnosis are not allowed access to quality programs, they will find programs that are less than quality to teach them what they want to know.
The International Certification Board of Clinical Hypnotherapy is a professional association that recognizes and hypnosis certification programs. It was created to set standards of excellence, and to promote clinical hypnotherapy and related fields of social science. Its broadest goals are to insure quality training opportunities and help enhance the standing of clinical hypnotherapy. Its narrower focus is to assist individuals and organizations in being recognized for achieving a level of quality within the field of hypnotherapy. The ICBCH certified professional is governed by a professional Code of Ethics.
- Monday, August 26, 2013
- Five Things Students Can Do To Improve Time Management
- Tuesday, April 27, 2010
- What is Subliminal Science?
- Monday, Marz 29, 2010
- NLP Swish Pattern Exercise Demonstration for Hypnosis and Life Coaching
- Monday, Marz 29, 2010
- Understanding NLP Primary Representational Systems for Hypnosis and Life Coaching
- Friday, Februar 19, 2010
- Hypnotherapist Richard Nongard Hypnotizes a Half-Million People Over the Internet
- Friday, Februar 5, 2010
- How and Why to Use Hypnotic Phenomena in Stage, Street, or Clinical Hypnosis Settings
- Friday, Februar 5, 2010
- Adapting Corporate Entertainment for the Economy with Street Trance
- Thursday, Februar 4, 2010
- Medical Meditation is a Research Proven Treatment Method